Here we are going to cover complete information regarding GATE 2021 Registration Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Tips, Books & Syllabus PDF
What is Gate: GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an examination, which is taken or held by (IISc) Indian Institute of Science, Banglore and seven other (IITs) Indian Institute of Technology i.e. IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Madras, and IIT Kanpur. This exam is also governed by the National Coordination Board (NCB) – gate, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD), Government of India. GATE exams were first conducted in 1984.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE 2021 is basically an examination which deals with the knowledge of a candidate who is an undergraduate student in various subjects. GATE 2021 conducts exams in almost 25 subjects. The exam is conducted in CBT mode or computer-based mode. There are 660 Centres of GATE 2021 exam is in various cities of India as well as, in six cities outside India. If you want your center of exam outside India, then the fee requirement is more as compared to the exams conducted in India.
It’s about almost 858,898 candidates who apply for GATE exams every year for all 25 subjects, including biomedical engineering. Its main purpose is to test the knowledge or skill of a bachelor level student in engineering field or masters level candidate of science stream. It basically offers admission masters and Ph.D. programs.
Qualifying GATE 2021 is mandatory if you want:-
- Admission for Master’s program in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture.
- Direct doctorate program in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture.
- The doctoral program in branches of Science.
- Admission in MHRD and other government agencies without a scholarship.
- For getting public sector undertakings or PSU jobs.
All other information regarding GATE 2021 examination is given below. Go through this article for all detailed information Regarding the Upcoming GATE 2021 Exam.
Details of GATE 2021
The student who are willing to apply for gate 2021 exam should follow certain eligibility criteria that are :-
- A student must have done their bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture or the candidate should be a final year student.
- Candidate can also be a student of a masters degree in science.
- There is a restriction about the age limit for the GATE 2021 examination.
- Candidate having the Nationality of India or other than India are eligible for the GATE 2021 exam.
There are all over 25 subjects that you can choose while applying for the GATE 2021 exam. Candidate can choose only one subject while applying. The choice should be made at the time of submission of the application form. The following subjects are mentioned below:-
- Aerospace engineering
- Agriculture engineering
- Architect and planning
- Biomedical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Computer science and information technology
- Electronic and communication engineering
- Geology and geophysics
- Electrical engineering
- Ecology and evolution
- Instrumentation engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Metallurgical engineering
- Mining engineering
- Textile engineering and fiber science
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Engineering sciences
- Life sciences
The candidate is advised to choose the subject according to their qualified degree program. However, the candidate can choose any of the above-mentioned subjects according to their own wish.
Documents/ Data required for applying in GATE 2021
- Personal information ( Name, date of birth, parent’s name, phone numbers etc ) candidate are advised to fill the application form correctly and according to their qualifying degree.
- Adress of communication.
- College information with address details.
- GATE 2021 subject
- Choice of GATE 2021 exam center
- Candidate’s photograph (file size should be between 5 kB and 200 kB).
- Image of the candidate’s signature. (Image should be between 5kb to 150 kB).
- Details of the candidate’s qualifying degree.
- Scanned copy of qualifying degree (it could be a degree certificate/ provisional certificate/ or a certificate signed by the head of the department (hod) / institute).
- A scanned copy of sc/ st certificate if the candidate belongs to such categories.
- Scanned copy of the Pwd certificate if required.
- Scanned copy of the dyslexic certificate if required.
- Valid identity proof documents. ( It can be aadhar card/ voter ID card/ passport/ college id/ Pan card ).
- Net banking/ details of credit or debit cards for fee submission.
Candidate must have the following information and documents with them while filling up the application form.
Procedure for applying for GATE 2021
For applying for GATE 2021, the candidate should follow up the below-given steps carefully:-
- First of all, the candidates must register themselves by visiting the official website of GATE (gateiitd.nic.in ). Register yourself as a new user. While registering, you will be asked for creating a GOAPS password. Note that your password should be unique. You will get the other credentials through email or phone number. Candidate outside India will be contacted only by their email IDs. Candidate must give their contact details correct because you will be contacted by your phone number or by your email id.
- You will receive your GOAPS enrollment id through your e-mail id. Now, use the provided enrollment id and your created password for login.
- After logging in, fill the application form correctly and carefully. All the details should as the details in the qualified degree of the candidate.
- In the next step, the candidate will have to upload their photograph and scanned images of students’ signature and supporting documents. (Image should be in jpeg format and size should be between 5 kB and 200 kB )
- Now, the final step includes the submission of the fee. Fee can be easily submitted by using NET banking, debit card, credit card. After submitting the application fee, the GATE 2021 form will be successfully completed. And the confirmation message will be sent on email or phone number. You can also download the confirmation page from the official site of GATE.
Note:- candidate must avoid any false filling in the application form. If they are caught doing such activities,their application form will be rejected.
Application fees for the students who have given their center in India are as follow:-
- ₹1500 for general/ obc male candidates.
- ₹750 for female, SC, St students.
- For the international candidate, fees are $50.
- For international candidates from Singapore and Dubai, the fee is $100.
Fees Details for the students who have their examination center outside India are as follow:-
- For students having center Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu, fees is us$50.
- For candidates having an examination center in Singapore and Dubai, the fee is us$100.
The tentative schedule of GATE 2021
- The registration process for GATE 2021 will begin in September 2020.
- Filling application form and correction in the application form will be done by October 2020.
- The last date for changing the exam city is until the third week of November 2020.
- GATE 2021 admit cards will be released in January 2021.
- The exam will be conducted between 6th to 14th February 2021.
- The answer key will be released after ten days of examination.
- The result will be declared on 16th March 2021. And scorecard will be released in the third week of March 2021.
The following dates are tentative. But, likely to be correct. for more updates, visit the official website of GATE i.e. gateiitd.nic.in
Students who are preparing for GATE 2021, they can go through the syllabus of the exam which is given below (subject-wise).
Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Measurements, and Control Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Sensors and Bioinstrumentation, Measurements and Control Systems, Biomechanics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biomaterials, Medical Imaging Systems.
Architecture and Planning
Architecture & Design, Construction & Management, Building Materials, Environmental Planning & Design, Building & Structure, etc.
Linear Algebra from basic to advanced level, Algebra, Complex Analysis basic to advanced level, Functional Analysis basic to advanced level, Real Analysis basic to advanced level, Numerical Analysis, etc.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Mathematics from basic to advanced level, Networks from basic to advanced level, Electronic Devices all topics, Signals, and Systems, Digital Circuits, Analog Circuits, etc.
Process Calculations and Thermodynamics all topics, Engineering Mathematics from basic to advanced level, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations from basic to advanced level, etc.
Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Control Systems, etc.
linear-algebra from basic to advanced level, Petroleum Formation Evaluation all topics, Oil, and Gas Well Testing all topics, etc.
Mathematics from basic to Advanced Level, Structural Engineering from basic to Advanced Level, Geotechnical Engineering all topics, Structural Engineering from basic to Advanced Level, etc.
Calculus Basic to Advanced Level, Probability basic to Advanced Level, Linear Algebra basic to Advanced Level, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis basic to Advanced Level, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis basic to Advanced Level.
- The exam conducted is of 100 marks.
- There are overall 65 questions comprised of one mark and two mark questions.
- Time granted is three hours.
- The questions are divided into three sections that are general aptitude test, mathematics, and subject-specific.
Previous Year Cutoff list (gate 2020)
|Architect and planning||34.8||31.3||23.2|
|Electronic and communication engineering||28.8||25.9||19.2|
|Computer science and information technology||28.8||25.6||19.0|
|Geology and geophysics||38.4||34.5||25.6|
|Textile engineering and fiber science||37.1||33.8||24.7|
|Ecology and evolution||42.2||37.9||28.1|
|Production and industrial engineering||36.6||32.9||24.4|
Tips for cracking GATE 2021
- First of all, the candidate must make a time table for studying.
- Candidate should follow the time table and try to complete the syllabus at least one month before the exam.
- Now, the students should give time to revision and daily practice.
- Students should also practice previous year question papers for at least the last 10 years.
- For motivation, you can watch some motivational videos on youtube.
- Don’t take too much stress. just focus on your goal.
- Font wastes your time on social media. utilizes your time in studying or in some useful work.
- You can take the help of YouTube if some of your concepts are not clear.use the internet in a good way as much as possible.
- Don’t think about future and failures, study and concentrate on the study to reach out to your goal.
Official website – gateiitd.nic.in
For more details and queries, visit the above-mentioned site. And if you have any questions, you can ask in the comments section.h I hope the above information is useful to you.
Article by S. Verma